Tuesday 15 April 2014

'Modern Nymph'

Bernadette Newberry, Cincinnati & Drayton Fashion Photographer

A nymph in Greek mythology is a minor female nature deity typically associated with a particular location or landform. Nymph's are usually depicted as beautiful, young nubile maidens who love to dance and sing. Generally regarded as divine spirits who animate nature. 

This idea to represent the 'modern nymph' came to me when location hunting for my next photo shoot when I came across a beautiful old cemetery. The idea of representing and depicting a 'modern' version of a nymph. Styling the model in beautiful garments with a hint of darkness in order to have opposing recreations of the meaning that the mythology nymphs represent. Maybe an eye mask to oppose this gracious feeling and give multiple emotions to what the image is saying, to get the viewer thinking about what's happening in the image. I will experiment with the idea for my next photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment